Friday, May 15, 2009

Week 14 - Chile/Julia's Empanadas

So I've fallen behind in the fourth month of my dining quest. The posts are going to be shorter for now - I'll try and write more as we go...

Julia's Empanadas on 18th Street in Adams Morgan. This was my first time at this long time DC establishment popular with kids looking for a late night layer of food on top of pitchers of beer. They serve empanadas in paper wraps which make them easy to walk in and out with. I ate the chorizo and the Chilean I think at their window counter - I didn't take any notes at the time. Both were very good, and would definitely hit the spot after a fun night out.
(It's a stetch to call Julia's a Chilean restaurant... but one of their most popular is the Chilean. They make empanadas from all over Central and South America. Oh well...)






No comments:

Post a Comment